When to Choose Weight Loss Surgery - Healthy Weight Loss & Dieting Tips


Obesity runs in my family. It's not an excuse, but it is certainly the truth. I believe that I was  pre-destined for obesity, partly due to genetics, and partly due to overindulgence. My mother, sister and I are all obese. Several of my aunts, uncles and cousins are also overweight. So, I am not alone in my plight. I have tried every diet you can name in the 53 years I have lived on this Earth, and not one of them has helped me to keep off any weight that I have lost.


I have finally decided to get serious about my weight problem. By getting serious, I am talking about weight loss surgery. I have not decided what type of surgery I want as of yet, but I am leaning toward the Lap Band, due to its less invasive nature, and easy reversal. I am wary of having my stomach stapled, or having most of it removed. I like that the lap band can be adjusted as needed, and requires minimal hospital stay.

Recommended to Read:  Wrong Weight Loss

The reasons I have for choosing weight loss surgery are many. The most persuasive to me have been the following:

Health Issues

I have several health issues that make weight loss surgery a wise choice for me. My BMI, or body mass index, is 58.  This puts me well above the required BMI of 40 in order to qualify for the lap band. I have mild hypertension, sleep apnea, severe osteoarthritis in my hips, knees and hands. Most importantly, I feel that without this surgery, I will die at an early age due to complications from obesity.

Appearance

I do not care much what others think of me. I still have rather high self-esteem. However, I do wish to improve my appearance mostly for myself, but for my husband and children as well. At 430 pounds, I am not as attractive as I once was. I believe that all people should take pride in how they look, and just do the best they can. For me, that means getting fit, and losing weight.

Activity

I used to be an active woman. As a young adult, I was an avid ice skater. I loved hiking, fishing, camping and yard work. All of my most-loved activities are now impossible. I walk with a cane due to my arthritis, which will most likely improve once I lose weight. Also, I would like to be able to join my family in their activities, instead of opting out with a headache, or other non-existent ailment.
As you can see, I have many valid reasons to consider weight loss surgery. I have many years ahead of me if I can lose the weight, and get healthy. Many people scoff at those who choose weight loss surgery, claiming that they are taking the "easy way out." I disagree. Surgery is never easy, and those who undergo this type of surgery must still watch what they eat, and change their eating habits. I know it will not be an easy road, but it is a road I feel I must travel.

8 comments:

drmichaelchoi said...

It's a nice article, Which you have shared here about the weight loss. Your article is very informative and useful to know more about the Gastric sleeve diet. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here.

Laura Bush said...

very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. trauma therapy Denver

alain said...

prix chirurgie esthetique Tunisie

jouvence said...

abdominoplastie prix Tunisie

weightlossop said...

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. bariatric weight loss surgery procedure

alain said...

chirurgien esthetique tunisie

Dr. Allison Patton said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your article. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Visit Ardour Wellness Canada for a supervised weight loss plan that has some amazing results.

Dr. Allison Patton said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your article. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Visit Ardour Wellness Canada for a supervised weight loss plan that has some amazing results.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes